DLEC provides early childhood education for kids, giving support and teaching skills to new parents, and helping the families who are the most in need. Help us in our goal of preparing children for kindergarten and life by being a classroom helper at one of our preschool sites. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, reading/storytelling, administrative work, escorting children, games, cleaning, art, cross guard, and mealtime help.
If you are interested in being a classroom helper please email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line classroom helper.
HOURS / DAYS
Minimum of 4 hours/week
At least 8 weeks
- Beacon Hill – 3327 Beacon Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144
- Mercy Magnuson – 7101 62nd Ave NE, Seattle WA 98115
- Yesler Terrace – 1225 East Fir Street, Seattle, WA 98122
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Interest in Early Childhood Education
- Able to work well with students, parents, and staff
- Eager to learn
- Able to take instruction
- Ability to adapt to new situations
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to have a consistent schedule