As we begin reopening more classrooms, our team has continuously adapted our safety procedures and practices to ensure the safety of our families and staff. Our families and communities can rest assured that our team has put into practice the recommendations set forth by the CDC and Public Health that highlight how we should operate under the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since March, we have moved into providing provisional services to families from virtual visits to delivering essential items to families, we are doing what we can to support our community’s greatest needs, in addition to reopening our sites.
Updated guidelines that outline how we are providing the optimal learning environment for all the children that are currently in our care:
- Limited Class Size: Following the guidance of the CDC, we have limited out class size to a maximum of 8 children and 2 teachers.
- Screenings: Daily health check and temperature check for all children. These are performed at drop off outside our center. Children are not to be accepted who have fever over 100.4 F. Parents are encouraged not to bring their child if he/she has any symptoms of cold, runny nose, or diarrhea.
- If a child has two or more loose bowel movements while at school, we will ask parents to pick them up.
- If a child or someone in the same household are experiencing any sickness or showing any cold symptoms, they are asked to stay home.
- Limited Exposure: In an effort to reduce exposure and limit the number of people in the center, parents are not be permitted to enter. Thus, we now have a new drop off and pick up procedure in place:
- Drop off: After a child is screened, a staff member will sign in for parent. The child will be picked up by a staff member and escorted to his/her classroom.
- Pick up: When a parent arrives, a staff member will escort the child from the classroom. A staff member will sign the child out when he/she is brought to the parent.
- Quarantine: A child who shows signs of illness or fever over 100.4 F will be sent home immediately. Sick children will be quarantined in a designated room with a staff member while a parent is notified for pick up. Parents must be able to pick up their child within 1 hour of being notified.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting (3 times daily): Classroom staff are trained to practice specific cleaning procedures based on Public Health recommendations.
- Social Distancing: Common areas, classroom and outdoor space use and layout will be adapted to encourage social distancing.
- Protection Supplies: Program will maintain an adequate supply of protective items such as gloves, hand soap, disinfectant and sanitizer.