Start date: ASAP
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $24–27.00 per hour – plus full medical and dental care benefits
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking a Temporary Child Development Coordinator who has an Early Childhood Education degree. This individual has extensive understanding of child development, loves children and is passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Early Childhood Education degree.
- Two years’ experience in providing child development, counseling, special education or related services.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Those skills and abilities which meet generally accepted levels of management; including professionalism, monitoring, organization, analysis, and presentation.
- Knowledge of resources available to marginalized communities and culturally and linguistically diverse families.
- Bilingual in English and language(s) as determined as needed by DLEC preferred.
- Collaborating with Birth-Five Director and teams to create a seamless birth to five organization.