Location: Seattle, WA
Salary: Starting at $15.05 p/hour
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education is seeking individuals who love children and can provides on-call coverage to preschool classrooms ages three to five year old. Substitutes will assist the teaching team in implementing individualized, daily educational program for a group of pre-school aged children in a multicultural, multilingual, bias free environment.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- High School Diploma
- Previous work or volunteer experience working with 3-5 year old children
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; bilingual a plus
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day
- Access to a reliable source of transportation
- Parent Involvement
- May be asked to substitute for bus monitor, kitchen staff or evening child care
- Assist with general maintenance, organization, and security of the facility