Substitute – Kitchen Staff / Cook
Start date: ASAP
Start date: ASAP
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $15.05 – 15.67 p/h Depending on Experience
Plus full medical and dental care benefits.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Substitute Kitchen Staff / Cook.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Food Handlers Permit.
- Bilingual in English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, or Vietnamese) preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Set out food, dishes and utensils for breakfast, lunch and snack.
- Wash and sanitize all food service equipment and materials used in preparing, cooking, transporting, serving and storing of food and non-food items.
- Keep food equipment, utensils and food in a safe condition, including recording temps of food at delivery and before serving.
- Work with Education Supervisor and Health Coordinator to ensure quality from food service provider.
- Make sure there are thermometers in each refrigerator and freezer, including classrooms.
- Prepare supply requests and take weekly inventory for kitchen and facility.
- Complete indoor and outdoor “Health and Safety Checks”.
- If applicable, empty classroom garbage after meal time.
- Assist in classrooms & play area as requested.
- Assist with children on and off the bus.
- Develop positive relationships with the children, parents and other staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and children's Individual Development Plan meetings.
- Communicate any problems or concerns regarding the program or children to the Lead Teacher or Teacher Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.