Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary range: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year, full-time, benefit eligible.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
DLEC employees and volunteers are respectful, culturally competent, passionate, accountable, capable, collaborative, compassionate, positive, and proactive. We strive to be persistent learners and effective communicators.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Program Services to join our team of smart and dedicated colleagues who take pride in this meaningful work! The Program Director (PD) under the direction of the Executive Director provides leadership and oversight of all program services and activities to meet organizational objectives. Program director is a critical member of the organization and will work collaboratively across the organization, engaging with leadership, programmatic and other staff across departments. PD will build and maintain strong relationships and serve as a visible ambassador, connector, and relationship-builder with diverse stakeholders. It will also be critical to possess skills and experience centering equity in all aspects of the work. Excellent project management skills to drive programmatic impact, strong knowledge around policies, procedures & compliance, a willingness to take initiative, effective communication skills and a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are vital components of this role.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 7-10 years of leadership experience, preferably in Human Services, Education, or Public Administration. Prior Program Director experience and Head Start/Early Head Start experience is valued.
- Knowledge of the early learning landscape.
- Experience working with diverse communities and knowledge of culturally relevant service delivery models.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of issues affecting people in communities served by the organization.
- Ability to identify and utilize the experience and skills of board members, policy council members, staff, and community volunteers. Prior experience working with and/or serving on a board of directors is preferred.
- Experience developing and supporting leaders and managers, and delegating assignments and authority.
- Proven financial management experience.
About the Position
- Position is based in the DLEC Administrative office in the Beacon Hill neighborhood but there is a requirement to visit all the centers regularly
- Full time, exempt position
- $75,000 – $90,000 annually, DOE
During COVID-19, we are taking the necessary precautions to keep our staff safe. We have specific guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing offices when on site. Masks are required while working on site.
Job Description (PDF)