Location: Seattle, WA
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking a Preschool Teaching Assistant who has a CDA; AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education. This individual has an understanding of child development, love children and is passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- CDA or be enrolled in a CDA program that will be completed within 2 years;
- Have an AA or BA degree in any area or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree (BA in ECE a plus);
- Previous work or volunteer experience working with 3-5 year old children;
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time;
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day;
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; and,
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Somali).
- Classroom Management and Curriculum Planning;
- Special Needs/Mental Health Services;
- Parent Involvement; and
- Documentation of Educational Services.