Full-time, Non-exempt overtime-eligible
Pay and Benefits: $19 – $21.50/hr, 100% employee-only health and dental insurance.
Location: 7101 62nd Ave NE Seattle, WA 98115
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Who we are looking for and what you will do:
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for a dynamic and passionate individual that enjoys working with a diverse group of people and has a can-do attitude. As a site coordinator, you will provide support to the Education Supervisor at Magnuson – Sandpoint child care center by assisting with the day-to-day administrative and operational tasks. (See full job description for additional details)
To be successful in this position we seek the following experience, skills, and education:
- Two years prior experience in providing office support services or program-related services.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s in early childhood education or a related field is preferred.
- Experience interacting positively with a varied clientele, in person, or on the phone.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, Gmail, and Google Applications, and internet and able to learn new software programs.
- Basic office equipment proficiency: copy, fax, voice mail, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to complete complex projects independently.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to needs of managers, and agency.
- Ability to quickly learn Head Start and DLEC systems and requirements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual in English and another language preferred.