Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Full Time – 40 hrs per week
Salary Range: $17.05 – $18.45 per hour – plus full medical and dental care benefits
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking a Preschool Program Assistant with a AA, BA or advanced degree in early childhood education preferred or an advanced degree in another field. This individual has extensive understanding of child development, loves children and is passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- An AA, BA or advanced degree in early childhood education preferred; or,
- An AA, BA or advanced degree in another field.
- Two year prior experience in providing office support services or related field.
- Computer proficiency: MSOffice, internet.
- Basic office equipment proficiency: copy, fax, voice mail etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up on assigned tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact positively with a varied clientele; in person, or on the phone.
- Ability to complete complex projects independently.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to needs of managers, and agency.
- Ability to quickly learn Head Start and DLEC systems and requirements.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual in English and another language preferred