Play & Learn Facilitator – 4-8 hours per week – Seattle
Start date: ASAP
Start date: ASAP
Location: Rainier Beach Library and/or Columbia City Library – Seattle, WA
Salary: $18.04 p/hour
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Play and Learn is getting ready for the school year! We are in need of facilitators who love children, are passionate about our mission and will have fun with supporting the Play & Learn groups.
This is a 4 and/or 8 hour per week obligation.
Please see the full job description for all the specific duties and job requirements.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Display excellent communication skills by articulating ideas and opinions in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner to families & children. Is positive, open to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Maintain positive, compassionate and respectful working relationships with families from a diverse cultural background.
- Demonstrate a passion for the community served, and the mission and values of Denise Louie.
- Previous experience, training and/or expertise in working with young children (under 5) and their families. Experience in parent training and/or Play and Learn facilitation preferred.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance.
- Ability to work a regularly established, but flexible schedule, including a required Kaleidoscope Play and Learn training as needed.
- Preferred bilingual in both English and other languages i.e. Spanish.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to lift tables and chairs, routinely kneel, bend, crouch/sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Able to work independently, problem-solve as well as multi-task and prioritize multiple demands on time and attention.
- Knowledge of community resources, specifically those related to child and family health in King County.
- Must be able to pass criminal background checks.
- See Attached PDF Job Description.