Salary Range: $25.00 p/hour to start
Hours: 10-15 hours/ week, non-exempt
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for a Play and Learn Coordinator to oversee our three Kaleidoscope Play & Learn (KPL) groups. This is a program for parents and caregivers of young children to learn and explore together. The groups are held in partnership with the Seattle Public Libraries and Mercy Housing Northwest.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications
- AA degree in Early Childhood or related field.
- Prior experience in providing family support services.
- Prior experience working with children 0-5 years old and their families.
- Valid Washington state driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Publisher, other applications.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment: copy, fax, voice mail etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Those skills and abilities that meet generally accepted levels of management; including professionalism, monitoring, organization, analysis, and presentation.
- Able to speak before small and large groups: answer questions and give program information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual in English and language(s) as determined as needed by DLEC preferred
- Prepare and coordinate with facilitators for the planning of all aspects of Play and Learn Groups
- Responsible for the distribution of pre and post participant information provided by Kaleidoscope Play and Learn Network
- Hiring and training of faciliators
- Submission of reports as needed by Play and Learn Network and Denise Louie Education Center