Location: Remote and various onsite locations, such as North Seattle (Magnuson – Sandpoint)
Hours: 4 to 8 hours/ week, non-exempt
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for a Play and Learn Facilitator to lead one or more of our Kaleidoscope Play & Learn (KPL) groups. This is a program for parents and caregivers of young children to learn and explore together. The groups are held in partnership with the Seattle Public Libraries, Child Care Resources, and Mercy Housing Northwest.
Specific Job Qualifications
- Prior experience in providing family support services.
- Prior experience working with children 0-5 years old and their families.
- Valid Washington state driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Publisher, other applications.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment: copy, fax, voice mail, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Those skills and abilities that meet generally accepted levels of management; including professionalism, monitoring, organization, analysis, and presentation.
- Able to speak before small and large groups: answer questions and give program information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual in English and language(s) as determined as needed by DLEC preferred