Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $19.70 – $24.00 per hour – plus full medical and dental care benefits
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking a Preschool Lead Teacher who has an AA, BA, or advanced degree in early childhood education or related field that have extensive understanding of child development, love children and are passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Childhood Development Associate (CDA) or AA required. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field strongly preferred.
- Previous work or volunteer experience working with children ages 5 and under and high needs children preferred.
- One year of experience teaching pre-school children.
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents (Spanish, Amharic, Cantonese, and Vietnamese) preferred.
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds and able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day.
- Maintain healthy, safe, and warm classroom environment through effective supervision, developmentally appropriate practices that allows learning through curiosity, experimentation, play and implementation of individualized plans.
- Plan and implement weekly lesson plans aligned with Denise Louie Education Center curriculum. Individualize lessons based on information from screenings, child interests, family culture, data on child growth, and IEPs.
- Participating in observing and meeting the needs of individual children’s.
- Leading the planning and execution of the end of year celebration, center meeting and parent training/classroom meetings.
- Preparing and conducting home visits and conferences in a manner that provides individualized information and gets parent input for the curriculum.
- Assisting in the completion of all health and dental screenings to meet the 45/90 day requirements and second screening requirements.
- Maintain children’s education and attendance file documents in a secure, organized system for easy reference by other staff.
- Managing children’s behavior using positive guidance techniques and handle with Care plans.
- Maintaining an organized environment to complete documentation, monthly reports, attendance, and record keeping in a timely manner.
- Implement positive guidance techniques and maintain classroom control.
- Develop positive relationships with the children, parents and other staff.
- Collaborate with education staff and mental health consultant to proactively address any child or family concerns.