Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Full Time – 40 hrs per week
Salary Range: $65,062 – $72,009 annually, DOE – plus full medical and dental care benefits
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
DLEC employees and volunteers are respectful, culturally competent, passionate, accountable, capable, collaborative, compassionate, positive, and proactive. We strive to be persistent learners and effective communicators.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to join our team of smart and dedicated colleagues who take pride in this meaningful work! The Human Resources Manager will oversee all programs and projects which impact the employment experience at DLEC including HR operational processes, benefit and compensation administration, employee relations, training, performance management, and safety and workers’ compensation analysis and reporting.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced HR professional with a background in a service-oriented organization. They will have excellent strategic thinking with the ability to influence and guide other leaders on HR best practices. They will have strong problem-solving abilities and be highly organized, with the ability to make sound decisions. Our ideal candidate will be motivated by the DLEC mission and have strong cultural awareness.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of experience required. PHR certification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience required, preferably within a service-focused organization.
- Experience with project and program management required.
- General knowledge of employment law and best practices within benefits administration, training and development, and employee relations required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability and flexibility to be effective in a relatively unstructured working environment.
- Must be committed to the DLEC mission statement, the involvement of families in the delivery of services, and program service delivery goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and HRIS required.
About the Position
- Position is based in the DLEC Administrative office in the Beacon Hill neighborhood but there is a requirement to visit all the centers regularly
- Full time, exempt position
- $65,062 – $72,009 annually, DOE
During COVID-19, we are taking the necessary precautions to keep our staff safe. We have specific guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing offices when on site. Masks are required while working on site.
Job Description (PDF)