Pay: $23.17/hr – $25.50/hr, Full-time, health and dental benefits, PTO, and retirement
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for Home Visitor/Mentor provides day-to-day oversight to Home Visitors while still maintaining a partial caseload. During home visits, the Home Visitor/ Mentor Coach conducts routine family home visits and facilitates positive relationships between parent and child by providing high-quality early childhood educational activities, parenting education, health, mental wellness, nutrition, and family support services.
We are looking for individuals who can speak, read and write English as well as have the ability to communicate effectively in Amharic, Tigrinya, Cantonese, or Spanish.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
- Home Visitor CDA, Associate’s or Bachelor’s is required, with a focus on Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Two years of professional experience working with children and families, or one year as a DLEC Home Visitor.
- Experience providing supervision or guidance of others in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of child development and appreciation of the family’s social, economic, and cultural background.
- Ability to build and maintain a collaborative partnership with parents based on mutual trust.
- Computer proficiency required, including familiarity with data entry.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking). Bilingual in Amharic, Tigrinya, Cantonese, or Spanish preferred.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or other reliable source of transportation.
Applicants who are selected for hire, will be required to provide proof of a recent negative TB test or provider approval, MMR, complete a health physical, and complete a background check that includes fingerprinting.
Note: Please speak with a healthcare provider regarding these employment requirements if you plan on getting the COVID vaccine or have recently received the vaccine. There may be a delay in start due to the timing of the vaccines and tests that we require for employment.