Who we are:
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments. We strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Who we are looking for:
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for Home Visitors – Bilingual who will partner with parents to enhance their child’s physical, social, emotional, and educational development while supporting parents in building positive, caregiving relationships with their children while honoring each family’s home culture, language, and self-identified needs.
We are looking for individuals who can speak, read and write English and have the ability to communicate effectively in Amharic, Cantonese, or Spanish.
What you will do:
The Home Visitor will provide home-based education and support services to enrolled families with young children or expectant parents and maintain a minimum caseload of 10-12 families. This will include the following:
- Home Visits
- Health & Oral Health
- Family Support; Parent Involvement
- Case documentation and file maintenance
What you bring:
- CDA, A.A. or B.A required, with a focus on Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum one year of professional experience working with children and families.
- Knowledge of child development and appreciation of the family’s social, economic, and cultural background.
- Intermediate computer proficiency and Microsoft Office and Google Workplace.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking). Bilingual in Amharic, Cantonese, and/or Spanish preferred.
- Ability to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for a long time.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or reliable source of transportation.
What we offer:
Salary Range: $20 – $22.50 p/hour to start (depends on experience) Office located in Seattle.
- 100% Employer paid employee medical & dental coverage
- Long term disability coverage
- Contribution to a retirement account
- PTO – accrued based on hours worked up to 144 hours
- One personal holiday annually
- Eleven Federal/Celebration Holidays
- Professional Development
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and other important documents.
Note: If hired, due to changes in legislation, all staff at Denise Louie Education Center must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious exemption by October 18, 2021. We also require an MMR and a negative TB test or x-ray if previously positive or vaccinated from TB as a childcare facility.