Early Head Start – Home Visitor – Bilingual (Spanish, Amharic, Cantonese Preferred) – Seattle Location
Start date: ASAP
Salary Range: $19.97 – $22.50 p/hour to start (depends on education and experience)
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for Home Visitors – Bilingual who will partner with parents to enhance their child’s physical, social, emotional and educational development while supporting parents in building positive, caregiving relationships with their children while honoring each family’s home culture, language, and self-identified needs.
The Home Visitor will provide home-based educational and support services to enrolled families with young children, or expectant parents, and maintain a minimum caseload of 10-12 families.
We are looking for individuals who can speak, read and write English as well as have the ability to communicate effectively in Amharic, Cantonese, or Spanish.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- CDA, A.A. or B.A required, with a focus on Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum one year of professional experience working with children and families.
- Knowledge of child development and appreciation of the family’s social, economic, and cultural background.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking). Bilingual in Amharic, Cantonese, and/or Spanish preferred.
- Special requirement: Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on floor for a long time.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or reliable source of transportation.
- Home Visiting
- Health & Oral Health
- Family Support; Parent Involvment
- Documentation and File Maintenance