Family Services Specialist – Bilingual (Cantonese or Vietnamese highly Preferred) – Full-Time / 10 Months
Start date: ASAP
Salary Range: Hourly pay is between $18.06 to $20.86 depending on the education and experience.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time / 10 month Family Services Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for collaborating with the teaching team to provide high quality, multicultural, inclusive educational experience to prepare all children and families for life and school.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- A.A. or B.A. in Social Work, Sociology or related field; or, at a minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field within 18 months of hire.
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents; Chinese or Vietnamese language highly preferred. Prior experience in providing family support services or related field.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or access to reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of community resources available to low income and English as a second language adults.
- See PDF for details.