Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Who we are looking for and what you will do:
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for a dynamic and passionate individual that enjoys working with a diverse group of people and has a can-do attitude. The Education Director will provide leadership to DLEC Education supervisors, Education Coaches, and Child Development staff overseeing the operations of all DLEC childcare centers. (See Job Description for full additional details)
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Counseling or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in providing child development, counseling, special education or related services in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start and ECEAP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High degree of professionalism, analytical skills, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of community resources available to low income adults and English as a second language adults.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance.
- Bilingual in English and another language(s) (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, or Vietnamese) preferred.