Classroom Floating Aide – Mercy Magnuson Seattle
Start date: ASAP
Location: Seattle, WA
Position: 40 hours per week. Plus full medical and dental care benefits.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking a Classroom Floating Aide who has a High School Diploma or GED; CDA, AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. This individual has an understanding of child development, love children and is passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Minimum requirement is a High School Diploma or GED; CDA, AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Previous work or volunteer experience working with 0-5-year-old children.
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child-sized chairs throughout the day.
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents preferred.
- See Attached PDF Job Description.