Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $22.19 – $24.00 per hour, non-exempt, DOE and Education – plus full medical and dental care benefits.
Denise Louie is seeking an individual who demonstrates strong communication and listening skills, is motivated, and brings a positive attitude to join our team as a Child Development Coordinator/Special Needs. The Child Development Coordinator/Special (CDCSN) furthers the work of DLEC in the area of Child Development by working to align, ensure and improve the quality of service delivery of teachers and home visitors with performance standards. The CDCSN collaborates with other teams to increase the capacity of DLEC Prenatal to Five Early Learning programs and services.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Job Qualifications for this Position
- Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Two years’ experience in providing child development, counseling, special education or related services for children prenatal to five.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Bilingual in English and language(s) as determined as needed by DLEC preferred.
- Strong analytical skills to use data effectively to monitor, present, train and continuously improve processes and program
- Knowledge of community resources available to culturally and linguistically diverse families and marginalized communities.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance.
- Collaborating with Education and Leadership and Management teams to create a seamless prenatal to five organization
Applicants who are selected for hire, will be required to provide proof of a recent negative TB test or provider approval, MMR, complete a health physical, reference, and background check including fingerprinting.
Please Note: Please speak with a healthcare provider regarding these employment requirements if you plan on getting the COVID vaccine or have recently received the vaccine. There may be a delay in start due to the timing of the vaccines and tests that we require for employment.