Denise Louie Education Center is seeking an Office Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to Admin department directors and managers, and our Board. This individual has experience working in a non-profit environment providing support to multiple leaders/ departments within an organization. This role requires a high degree of multi-tasking and ability to maintain confidentiality. We see a person who can perform the responsibilities of the position and is passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
Location: Seattle, WA – 5333 15th Ave S
Status: Full Time – 40 hrs per week
Salary Range: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour – plus full medical and dental care benefits and contribution to a Simple IRA
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- AA degree; BA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of office experience, supporting multiple leaders
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; ability to multitask.
- Ability to interact positively with a varied clientele; in person, on the phone
- Ability to complete complex projects independently
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to needs of managers and agency
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent strategic thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and flexibility to be effective in a relatively unstructured working environment.
- Must be committed to the DLEC mission statement, the involvement of families in the delivery of services, and program service delivery goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and database systems required and familiar with Google Workspace.