Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Full Time – 40 hrs per week
Salary Range: $19.97-$20.37 / hr to start DOE – plus full medical and dental care benefits
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
DLEC employees and volunteers are respectful, culturally competent, passionate, accountable, capable, collaborative, compassionate, positive, and proactive. We strive to be persistent learners and effective communicators.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Assistant to join our team of smart and dedicated colleagues who take pride in this meaningful work! The Accounting Assistant provides direct support to the Director of Finance and the Accountant. Performs bookkeeping/accounting tasks as well as special projects. Will also provide some general office support.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- AA Degree in accounting or business required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years prior experience in accounting.
- Ability to interpret state and federal Head Start policies and regulations.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working experience with MIP (accounting software), cost allocations preferred.
- Computer proficiency to include MSWord & Excel
- Payroll experience preferred (Paychex application a plus).
- Bilingual in English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, or Vietnamese) preferred.
- Current or former Head Start parent preferred.
- Ability to interact positively with a varied clientele; in person, on the phone and through other mediums.
- Ability to show initiative by anticipating agency and management needs and respond to them in a timely and professional fashion.
- Excellent problem-solving skills detailed oriented.
- Ability to complete complex assignments independently.
About the Position
- Position is based in the DLEC Administrative office in the Beacon Hill neighborhood.
- Full time, non-exempt position
- $19.97-$20.37/ hr to start DOE
During COVID-19, we are taking the necessary precautions to keep our staff safe. We have specific guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing offices when on site. Masks are required while working on site.
Job Description (PDF)