Preschool Teaching Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Denise Louie Education Center loves our kids and we are sure you will too.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday).
The Teaching Assistant assists the lead teacher in planning and implementing individualized, daily educational program for a group of preschool aged children in a multicultural, multilingual, bias free environment.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Minimum requirement is a CDA; AA or BA degree in early childhood education a plus;
- AA or BA in any area with previous work or volunteer experience working with 3-5 year old children;
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time;
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day;
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; and,
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Somali).
- Classroom Management and Curriculum Planning;
- Special Needs/Mental Health Services;
- Parent Involvement; and
- Documentation of Educational Services.