Teacher Assistant – Seattle Locations
Start date: ASAP
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: Hourly pay is between $16.00 to $18.00 depending on the education and experience.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Teacher Assistant to join our team at our new location at Sand Point, Seattle. This position will be responsible for collaborating with the teaching team to provide a high quality, multicultural, inclusive educational experience to prepare all children and families for life and school.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Minimum requirement is a CDA; AA or BA degree in early childhood education a plus; AA or BA in any area with previous work or volunteer experience working with 3-5 year old children;
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds; able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day;
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; and,
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Somali).
- Classroom Management and Curriculum Planning;
- Special Needs/Mental Health Services;
- Parent Involvement; and
- Documentation of Educational Services.