Substitute Teacher / Child Care
Start date: Immediately
Provides on-call coverage to absentee teacher. Will assist the teaching team in implementing individualized, daily educational program for a group of pre-school aged children in a multicultural, multilingual, bias free environment.
Position starts at $14.00 p/hour
Please review the job description below to see the position in its entirety. Then click on the Employment Application. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, and references. You will also have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- High School Diploma
- Previous work or volunteer experience working with 3-5 year old children
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; bilingual a plus
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day
- Access to a reliable source of transportation
- Parent Involvement
- May be asked to substitute for bus monitor, kitchen staff or evening child care
- Assist with general maintenance, organization, and security of the facility