Preschool Program Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Director and in coordination with other DLEC managers and staff, the Program Assistant provides administrative support to the operations primarily at the Beacon Center. The Program Assistant may also provide support to the International District and Lake Washington preschool sites.
$16.01 – $17.07 per hour – DOE – 10 month position 40 hours per week (summers off) – Generous Benefits
Please review the job description below to see the position in its entirety. Then click on the Employment Application. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, and references. You will also have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- AA, BA or advanced degree in early childhood education preferred; or an AA or BA or advanced degree in another field.
- Two year prior experience in providing office support services or related field.
- Computer proficiency: MSOffice, internet. • Basic office equipment proficiency: copy, fax, voice mail etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Ability to interact positively with a varied clientele; in person, or on the phone.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. • Ability to prioritize and follow-up on assigned tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to complete complex projects independently. • Ability to anticipate and respond to needs of managers, and agency.
- Ability to quickly learn Head Start and DLEC systems and requirements.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual in English and another language preferred
- Facilities/Operations/Site Coordination
- Trainings/Meetings/Policy Council