Preschool Teaching Assistant
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for people who love children and preferably are bilingual in a language other than English.
The Teaching Assistant will support the the lead teacher and be part of a group of preschool aged children in a multicultural, multilingual, bias free environment.
This is 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday during the school year.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- CDA or be enrolled in a CDA program that will be completed within 2 years;
- Have an AA or BA degree in any area or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree (BA in ECE a plus);
- Previous work or volunteer experience working with 3-5 year old children;
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time;
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day;
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; and,
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Somali).