Positive Behavior Support Assistant
Start date: August 2017
Denise Louie Education Center needs the best classroom teams to support the excellence of every child. In some cases, there is a child who needs a little more attention. The Positive Behavior Support Assistant will provide direct 1-1 support where needed or support to multiple classrooms.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- CDA, AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education or related field.
- Experience implementing positive behavior plans with 3-5 year old children with high needs or Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals.
- Able to model research based classroom management and individualized behavior interventions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and facilitate groups to consensus.
- Ability to collect and provide summary reports of behavioral data.
- Ability to effectively engage in the problem-solving process.
- Able to remain calm and supportive when faced with challenging behavior.
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Bilingual in a language (Cantonese, Vietnamese, Somali) as spoken by our community preferred.
- See attached Job Description
- Apply Here: Employment Application