Positive Behavior Support Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $16.28 – $18.30 per hour to start – plus full medical and dental benefits
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking and individual who loves children and can provide positive guidance and behavioral interventional strategies and social skill building with young children three to five years old. The Positive Behavior Support Assistant may be asked to provide direct 1-1 support at times.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- CDA, AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education or related field.
- Experience implementing positive behavior plans with 3-5 year old children with high needs or Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals.
- Able to model research based classroom management and individualized behavior interventions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and facilitate groups to consensus.
- Ability to collect and provide summary reports of behavioral data.
- Ability to effectively engage in the problem-solving process.
- Able to remain calm and supportive when faced with challenging behavior.
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Bilingual in a language (Cantonese, Vietnamese, Somali) as spoken by our community preferred.
- See attached Job Description
- Apply Here: Employment Application