Positive Behavior Support Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Denise Louie Education Center needs the best classroom teams to support the excellence of every child. In some cases, there is a child who needs a little more attention. The Positive Behavior Support Assistant will provide direct 1-1 support where needed or support to multiple classrooms.
$16.28 – $18.30 per hour to start – Generous Benefits
Please scroll down the page to review the job description in its entirety. Then click on the Employment Application button below for this position. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, and references. You will also have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- CDA, AA or BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education or related field.
- Experience implementing positive behavior plans with 3-5 year old children with high needs or Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals.
- Able to model research based classroom management and individualized behavior interventions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and facilitate groups to consensus.
- Ability to collect and provide summary reports of behavioral data.
- Ability to effectively engage in the problem-solving process.
- Able to remain calm and supportive when faced with challenging behavior.
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Bilingual in a language (Cantonese, Vietnamese, Somali) as spoken by our community preferred.
- See attached Job Description
- Apply Here: Employment Application