Kitchen Staff and Cook – Sand Point Seattle
Location: Sand Point Seattle
Salary Range: $15.05 – 15.67 p/h Depending on Experience
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Kitchen Staff & Cook to join our team at our Sand Point location. This position will be responsible for collaborating with the teaching team to provide a high quality, multicultural, inclusive educational experience to prepare all children and families for life and school.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Food Handlers Permit.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, & crouch.
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents preferred.
- Set out food, dishes and utensils for breakfast, lunch and snack.
- Wash and sanitize all food service equipment and materials used in preparing, cooking, transporting, serving and storing of food and non-food items.
- Keep food equipment, utensils and food in a safe condition, including recording temps of food at delivery and before serving.
- Work with Education Supervisor and Health Coordinator to ensure quality from food service provider.
- Make sure there are thermometers in each refrigerator and freezer, including classrooms.
- Prepare supply requests and take weekly inventory for kitchen and facility.
- Complete indoor and outdoor “Health and Safety Checks”.
- If applicable, empty classroom garbage after meal time.
- Assist in classrooms & play area as requested.
- Assist with children on and off the bus.
- Assist staff with general office duties as assigned.