Family Service Specialist / Classroom Aide
Start date: July 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $18.30 -$20.86 p/h – plus full medical and dental care benefits
The Family Services Specialist/Classroom Aide works to build relationships with families and their children to develop partnership agreements to assist them in achieving family identified goals and accessing community resources that will assist them in effecting positive change in their lives. The Family Services Specialist/Classroom Aide provides part-time classroom support and contacts families regularly to assist them with ensuring they have an ongoing source of medical and dental care, ensuring families follow up with health concerns, assisting families in accessing emergency help, family literacy resources, etc.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking an individual who has an BA, or in early childhood education. social work or related field that have a love children and are passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or closely related field
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents; Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese and/or African language preferred
- Prior experience in providing family support services or related field
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or access to reliable source of transportation
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of basic office equipment
- Registration and Orientation
- Health and Nutrition
- Caseload/Family Partnership Agreements
- Parent, Family & Community Engagement (PFCE) Meetings, Trainings and Events
- Classroom Aide