Preschool Lead Teacher
Start date: ASAP
Seeking lead teachers who have an AA, BA, or advanced degree in early childhood education; and, have extensive understanding of child development, love children and are passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
$18.06 – $20.10 per hour – Generous Benefits
Please review the job description below to see the position in its entirety. Then click on the Employment Application. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, and references. You will also have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- An AA, BA or advanced degree in early childhood education; or, a BA or advanced degree in a field related to early childhood education and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education, with experience teaching preschool age children; or, a BA degree in any field and has been admitted into the Teach for America program, passed a rigorous early childhood content exam, such as the Praxis II, participated in a Teach for America summer training institute that includes teaching preschool children and is receiving ongoing professional development and support from Teach for America’s professional staff
- One year of experience teaching pre-school children.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement developmentally appropriate, multicultural, and bias free curriculum.
- Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds and able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day.
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; and
- Access to a reliable source of transportation