Family Service Specialist
Start date: Immediatley
The Family Services Specialist works to build relationships with families and their children to develop partnership agreements to assist them in achieving family identified goals and accessing community resources that will assist them in effecting positive change in their lives. The Family Services Specialist contacts families on their case load regularly to assist them with ensuring they have an ongoing source of medical and dental care, ensuring families follow up with health concerns, assisting families in accessing emergency help, family literacy resources, etc.
See job description for complete information.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- A.A. or B.A. in Social Work, Sociology or related field; or, at a minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field within 18 months of hire.
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents; Chinese, Vietnamese or African language preferred.
- Prior experience in providing family support services or related field.
- Registration and Orientation
- Data Base Management/Reporting
- Health and Nutrition
- Caseload/Family Partnership Agreements
- Parent, Family & Community Engagement (PFCE) Meetings, Trainings and Events