Family Service and Enrollment Specialist – Mercy Magnuson Place
Start date: ASAP
Location: Mercy Magnuson Place – Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $19.97 – $21.94 per hour – plus full medical and dental care benefits
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to ensure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
Denise Louie Education Center is seeking a Family Service and Enrollment Specialist who has an AA, BA in Social Work, Sociology, Human Services, Counseling or related field with an extensive understanding of child development, love children and are passionate about our mission to promote school and life readiness by providing multicultural early learning services to children and families, especially those who need our services the most.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter, and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- A.A. or B.A. in Social Work, Sociology or related field; or, at a minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field within 18 months of hire.
- Bilingual in a language spoken by DLEC parents; Amharic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali or Tigrinya strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in Amharic strongly preferred
- Prior experience in providing family support services or related field.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or access to reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of community resources available to low income and English as a second language adults.
- Actively recruit, support, and facilitate the DLEC enrollment, placement and orientation process for children and their families.
- Assisting with maintain full program enrollment and current waiting lists, analyzing attendance, and filling identified enrollment opportunities within 30days.
- Responsible for assisting with applications for eligibility, file monitoring, registration, placement, attendance review, withdrawal procedures, and all corresponding follow-up.
- Following up with families with attendance issues.
- Establish a family partnership agreement with Head Start families within the first 90 days of the child’s first day of school and monitor progress.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance for parents/families, including referrals for families for services, follow-up & document in the data base management system.