Early Learning Specialist
Start date: ASAP
Denise Louie Education Center is building a new team to support the expansion of our home visiting program to support 40 children and their families in the Parent Child Home Model. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to support parents and children to enter school ready to succeed. The Parent Child Home Model promotes the idea that every parent has the knowledge and resources to build school readiness where it starts: at home.
See job description for more details.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Fluent in preferred language: Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic, Amharic
- Minimum one year of professional experience working with children and families preferred
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge to relate and work effectively with culturally, economically and educationally diverse families, staff, social service and community organizations and the public
- Basic computer proficiency
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on floor for a long period of time
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Valid Washington State Driver's License and daily access to personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or reliable source of transportation
- Home Visiting
- Screening and Assessments
- Record Keeping and Documentation