Early Head Start – Program Specialist
Start date: 2018
The Program Specialist provides support for two components of the Denise Louie Education Center’s Birth to Five Programs. This position supports the Enrollment & Community Outreach department through community outreach, recruitment and conducting intakes with potential families; and, also supports the Child Development/Special Needs department by preparing and submitting documentation needed for referrals to early intervention or to the Seattle School District and attending meetings as a member of our Special Services team.
The second aspect is IT Support – Denise Louie Education Center needs someone who can also step in to help with software & hardware applications.
$18.65 -$19.71 p/hour to start – DOE – Generous Benefits
Please scroll down the page to review the job description in its entirety. Then click on the Employment Application button below for this position. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, and references. You will also have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood education, or related field.
- Minimum one to three years of professional experience working with children and families.
- Knowledge of child development and appreciation of the family’s social, economic and cultural background.
- Assist in the recruitment of families by conducting outreach with an emphasis on underserved linguistically isolated communities.
- In collaboration with Child Development and Special Needs Manager, ensure that all appropriate referral forms are complete and parent or guardian has signed consent for referral.
- Assist with outreach to community health, early intervention, and birth to three providers for recruitment.
- Provide IT Support.