Early Head Start – Home Visitor – Bilingual
Start date: ASAP
Denise Louie Education Center is looking for Home Visitors who will partner with parents to enhance their child’s physical, social, emotional and educational development while supporting parents in building positive, care-giving relationships with their children while honoring each families home culture, language and self-identified needs.
The Early Head Start Home Visitor will provide home-based educational and support services to enrolled families with young children, or expectant parents, and maintain a minimum caseload of 10-12 families.
We are looking for individuals who can speak, read and write English as well as have the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Amharic, Oromo, and/or Tigrinya.
$17.97 to $18.65 per hour (DOE) – Generous Benefits
Please scroll down the page to review the job description in its entirety. Then click on the Employment Application button below for this position. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, and references. You will also have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing - bilingual and fluent in another language than English with Spanish, Chinese, Amharic, Oromo and/or Arabic stongly preferred
- CDA, A.A. or B.A required, with a focus on Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- One year of experience working with children and families either volunteer, through faith community or employment; knowledge of child development and appreciation of the family’s social, economic, and cultural background.
- Compassion and understanding of challenges and strengths of immigrant and refugee families.
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Access to a reliable source of transportation, valid drivers license and proof of current auto insurance.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Home Visiting
- Health & Oral Health
- Family Support; Parent Involvment
- Special Needs & Mental Health Services
- Documentation and File Maintenance