Early Head Start – Home Visitor – Bilingual in Amharic, Oromo and/or Tigrinya
Start date: ASAP
The Early Head Start Home Visitor will provide home-based educational and support services to enrolled families with young children, or expectant parents, and maintain a minimum caseload of 10-12 families.
We are looking for individuals who can speak, read and write English as well as have the ability to communicate effectively in Amharic, Oromo, and/or Tigrinya.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing - bilingual and fluent in another language than English with Spanish, Chinese, Amharic, Oromo and/or Arabic stongly preferred
- High school diploma; AA/BA preferred
- One year of experience working with children and families either volunteer, through faith community or employment
- Completion of home visiting training provided by DLEC
- Willingness to further education in the area of early childhood education with support
- Compassion and understanding of challenges and strengths of immigrant and refugee families
- Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time
- Access to a reliable source of transportation, valid drivers license and proof of current auto insurance
- Basic computer proficiency