Classroom Aide – Sand Point Seattle
Start date: ASAP
Location: Sand Point Seattle
Salary Range: Hourly pay is between $15.00 to $16.50 depending on the education and experience.
Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Classroom Aide to join our team at our new location at Sand Point, Seattle. This position will be responsible for collaborating with the teaching team to provide a high quality, multicultural, inclusive educational experience to prepare all children and families for life and school.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application by clicking below. You will be asked to provide current and prior work experiences, education, references, resume, cover letter and any other important documents.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position
- High School diploma or equivalent. Early childhood education coursework preferred.
- Bilingual in English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, or Vietnamese) preferred.
- Previous experience working with 0 to 5 year old children is desired.
- Ability to walk, stoop, and balance, crouch to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Experience with a Head Start program is a plus.
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills.
- Assist Teacher and Teacher Assistant with classroom needs.
- Assist with the supervision of children in classroom settings.
- Engage in warm, caring interactions and fun, imaginative play with children.
- Contribute in implementing positive guidance techniques and maintaining classroom control.
- Help maintain a clean, orderly and safe classroom environment.
- Implement individual child diaper or toileting plan.
- Assist in maintaining children’s file documents in a secure, organized system for easy reference by all team members.
- Develop positive relationships with the children, parents and other staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and children's Individual Development Plan meetings.
- Communicate any problems or concerns regarding the program or children to the Lead Teacher or Teacher Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.